As part of my course, I was set a task to meet up with my seminar group C and take photographs in and around Bournemouth. We would be given a score per photo depending on how many people were in the photo. This was a great icebreaker and a good oppurtunity to explore more around the area that I will be living in for the next three years
As a group we decided to meet at Hot Rocks cafe by the pier where most of us showed up and we got talking then planned our day to where we were going to take our photos.
Our locations we could chose from:
- In front of Talbot House Student Centre
- In front of the main entrance to Poole House
- In front of Railway Station (Asda side)
- In front of the large Balloon in Lower Gardens
- At the surf reef with view of the Boscombe Pier
- In front of the Durley Inn pub at Durley Chine
- Outside the Branksome Beach restaurant at Branksome Chine
- Outside the Lighthouse Arts Centre in Poole
- In front of the Regent Centre in Christchurch
- In front of Christchurch Priory
- In front of the ticket office where foot passengers and cyclists buy tickets for the Sandbanks toll ferry.
This was the first location for our task, the main entrance to Poole House, due to building work, they were unable to access the front building. So we had to improvise and go around the corner. From left to right these are some of my class mates – Elliot, Christopher and Grace. (1 point per person) 3 Points
Second location was in front of Talbot House Student Centre ( 1 point per person) again my class mates are in this photo. 3 points
This photo was taken in front of the Railway station, the Asda Side. Left to right -James, Abigail, Kyle, Me and Elliot. (2 points per person) 10 points
This in my opinion was the best photo taken for the day! In front of the large balloon in Lower Gardens. As this place is beautiful and gives off a very relaxed atmosphere. ( 2 points per person) 10 points
At the surf reef at Boscombe Pier. We walked all the way to Boscombe but struggled to find Surf Reef so we kind of improvised and found Rock Reef instead, otherwise it would of been a wasted walk! (2 points her person) 10 points
This was taken in front of the Durley Inn pub at Durley Chine.
(2 points per person) 10 points
Even though we only managed to get to 6 out of the 11 places it was a very enjoyable task and we scored 46 POINTS!